From September 2014 the Government has introduced Universal FREE School Meals for every child in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2.
Pupils in KS2 will be required to pay £2.00 per day (£10.00 per week)
Lunch money can be sent into school with your child in a clearly labelled envelope or alternatively using the Local Authority’s secure E-Payment service: Click here
Does your child qualify for Free School Meals?
Please note ALL children (including Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 pupils) who meet the criteria for a free school meal also generate a Pupil Premium payment for their school. The Pupil Premium is £1,300 a year payment received for each qualifying child which is used to support the delivery of teaching and learning for all pupils in the school – please check our Pupil Premium information on the Key Information Tab for further details on how this money is spent
How do I meet the criteria?
If you are in receipt of the following you are eligible to receive a free school meal for your children:-
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income as assessed by the Inland Revenue that does not exceed £16,190
- Guarantee element of Pension Credit
Children who receive Income Support or Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance are also entitled to receive free school Meals.
If you require further information or an Application for Free School Meals please contact the school office or Children’s Services on Tel No. 0191 5611417.